OCD Specialty Outpatient Treatment Clinic
What is OCD?
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is best diagnosed and treated by a trained therapist. There are three main components of OCD:
- Obsessions: unwanted thoughts, impulses, or images that provoke anxiety
- Compulsions: behaviors or mental acts aimed at reducing anxiety and restoring a sense of safety
- Time consumption: obsessions or compulsions take more than one hour a day and significantly impact what is important in a person’s life (working, school, or relationships)
Effective treatment for OCD uses cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), including exposure and response prevention therapy (ERP). CBT consists of four techniques.
- Cognitive therapy: understanding thoughts and beliefs that are the foundation of a person’s obsessions
- Response prevention: resisting behavioral or mental rituals
- Imaginal exposure: imagining exposure to triggers or feared situations
- Actual exposure: being directlyexposed to triggers or feared situations
The goal of therapy is to invest in anxiety now in order to have a calmer future. Ideally, it is learning to do what the OCD tells you not to do!
What can I expect from therapy?
You can expect to meet with a therapist on a regular basis, usually once a week. There will be an initial assessment, followed by scheduled visits set by you and your therapist where there will be homework to complete. There may be weeks when you will face a lot of your fears, but your anxiety will diminish over time.
Why come to the OCD Specialty Outpatient Treatment Clinic?
The Antioch Group is an Institutional Member of the International OCD Foundation. We have trained, certified, and licensed counselors who specialize in the most up-to-date OCD treatment methods. They will focus on your specific worries and tailor a plan for your individual healing journey.
What will it cost? Will insurance cover this?
Costs are available upon request. The Antioch Group is approved by most insurance plans, and our office will work with your insurance company to verify your insurance benefits. You will know before you come how much your treatment will cost.
How soon can I come?
We can start TODAY to verify benefits and schedule you for an evaluation, usually within 1-2 weeks.